What would make this more useful?

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Since I'm not using this project on anything of mine, I'm having a hard time figuring out what additional features would make this project more useful. Aside from the tests I'm creating to ensure the library responds according to specifications, is there any other functionality that would make this project more useful to people?

Some things I'm considering:

1. Update the *Result constructors to match their MVC non-resuming equivalents to lower threshold for change.
  2. Revisit the OO-ness of the Request object passed from the ActionFilter to *Result to see if it can be made more extensible/customizable to control output headers.
  3. Move some of the logic performed in the *Result type to the Request object so users won't need to overload *Results to implement some properties.
  4. Consider a "default" implementation where the controller doesn't need to be aware of the Request object and handle output automatically somehow. (Haven't thought this through.)
  5. Consider providing a way in the *Result to send only the requested by ranges instead of a handle to the full file and using stream seeks to respond. (Low priority?)